Friday 19 August 2011

Enthusiastic

This week in Japan, we could watch a TV program named "Sense of Sound" which a music teacher made a movement in a local secondary school. It was broadcasted at BBC2 in 2007.

At the beginning of watching the program, I just wanted to practise listening skill and I didn't keen on chorus. However, the more knowing students' effort and growth, the teacher's hardship, and group dynamics, the more I got into.

Especially, when I knew the saddest story that one of youngest chorus members had Hodgkin's disease, it struck me. He was just 13-year-old at the moment, but he got a cancer in last Christmas. Although all sports and activities he wanted were restricted, he was really tough and a positive thinker. Only singing a song was allowed for him and he enjoyed it. I was inspired a lot by his mentality and I considered what my life is.

This story reminded me of the life in the university hospital I used to work in Japan. I have remembered that most leukemia patients were young age. Having the disease was not their faults, but they had to fight against it. That was the hardest part for me to see young innocent patients suffered from it.

I am not a doctor and clever. However, I believe that there is something I can do for them.

I'm gonna take action!




No comments:

Post a Comment